Tuesday, January 6, 2015

New Year=New companion

email 06 January 2015

The adventures of Sister Hadden and Sister Sarlls have come to an end. I'm still in Huntsville but I will have a new companion, Sister Smith! And tender mercy- she sings!!! I'm excited to start this new chapter of my mission. Of course I will miss Sister Hadden. But I know that Heavenly Father has things for me to learn from Sister Smith! 

For New Year's Eve we had a mandatory party. Haha we did a white elephant gift exchange and I brought gold fish. The animal, not the food. It was the hit gift!!! Haha it was funny too because we aren't allowed to have pets so now they have to figure out what to do with it. Haha

We slid off the road for the first time! Fun stuff! We live on a dirt road. Since they can't plow it, it is now an ice road. We were turning a corner (slowly) and we slid into a barbed wire fence! I was freaking out!!! The barbed wire was the only thing keeping us from sliding into a ditch! We were COMPLETELY stuck between two wooden posts and barbed wire. It took us about an hour to get us out. (With some help from neighbors of course.) But we've been praying a lot lately to be able to find the people who are being prepared. And the fence we ran into belonged to a part member family. So we went over there to tell them about the damage. We were talking about the fence when all of a sudden she told us that she would like is to come back and teach her 3 kids! I wish we could have found them in a different way ... but I'm so glad we found them! Heavenly Father really does have a plan for each of us. Sometimes we don't understand it. But I know His plan is perfect. No matter what it brings. 

I recently visited a Sister who's daughter committed suicide last summer. She said she got home and felt that something was wrong in the house and she couldn't find her daughter. She searched everywhere in the house and outside of the house. And eventually she found her in the daughter's closet. I can't imagine what this Sister has gone through. She went on to tell us that it was hard. But if she was supposed to live longer, Heavenly Father would've guided her to find her daughter before it was too late. Because she checked that room and didn't find her. She wasn't meant to find her. I can't comprehend what she has gone through. But I was moved to tears by the hope she has and her testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I am so grateful to know that our families can be together for eternity. I'm grateful for our Savior that makes it possible for all of us to return home to live with Heavenly Father and our family. 

I'm so very grateful for the blessing in my life to serve a mission. I see His hand in my life everyday and in others lives as well. I see what His grace and His atonement can do for all of us. I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is true. I know that it blesses every single aspect of our lives as we turn to Him faithfully. I know that what I am teaching every day is true. I know it with all of my heart. My heart is overflowing with happiness and with the feeling of Christ's love. Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ's love for each one of us individually is so amazing. I'm so grateful to be able to feel a little piece of that for all of the people in Huntsville. How great is their love for us! 

Love, 
Sister Sarlls


 




The Loss of a Loved One - His Grace


No comments:

Post a Comment