Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Change requires movement...again.

email 25 August 2015

Howdy ho howdy hey! 
This past week went by crazy fast! I can't believe it's already Tuesday again. Well some interesting things are happening this week. So a sister is going home a couple weeks early to start school. And her companion is left companionless. And we're the trio so we're the ones that will fill in the holes. Welllllll it turns out that I'm the one leaving. But guess where they're putting me? OGDEN WEBER NORTH. Where I just came from!!! And guess who my companion is going to be? SISTER SMITH!!!!!!! How blessed am I to have both of my favorite companions twice! Sniff and Snarls are back! I'm a little sad to leave Sister Betzold and Sister Richins. I love my trio! But we'll be in the same zone still. So I get to hang out with all of my friends all of the days! 


We were tracting the other day and this little boy came to the door and he asked me why I was smiling like that. I didn't know I was smiling a certain way haha but he continued to tell me that the way I was smiling made me look like a billionaire hahah I don't know if I should take that as a compliment or not? It was so funny. Everyone thinks Sister Betzold and I are sisters. People will stop mid-sentence to tell us that we look like sisters haha we realized that it's because when we meet people we make the same face. We both smile with our mouths open and kinda cock our heads to the side haha kinda freaky. But it's so funny. I think we should both wear the same tag one day to trick people into us actually being sisters. 

Okay the musical fireside is going to be the death of me. Haha I was SO excited to be in charge of it. And I still am! It's just rather time consuming and VERY HARD. We want to do this song as a choir but we can't find sheet music for it. Not even a soloist version. So we've been sitting down and composing the sheet music for a choir version. And every time we do, a new problem shows up! The first rehearsal is this Friday and we don't have sheet music for it yet. We aren't sure if this keeps happening because Heavenly Father is telling us not to do that song, or satan is trying to stop us from doing that song. I know it'll all work out in the end because this is God's fireside! I just have to keep praying and praying and praying for guidance. 

I was reading Jacob 7 and when I came across verse 3 I imagined "He" as Satan and instead of Jacob, I plugged in my own name:
"And he labored diligently that he might lead away the hearts of the people, insomuch that he did lead away many hearts; and he knowing that I, Sister Sarlls, had faith in Christ who should come, he sought much opportunity that he might come unto me." Jacob 7:3
Honestly it's pretty creepy reading it that way. But the part that stood out to me the most was that he labored diligently. As missionaries we are always told to be diligent. We talk about it a lot. But now I understand why! Because Satan is diligent. So we need to be, also! And at the end it says he takes the opportunity. But we are the ones who give him the opportunity. When I read that verse I realized the importance of working hard and being diligent in everything that we do. 

My district leader gives the most amazing and inspired trainings ever. Usually they train on missionary things. Which I love! Don't get me wrong! But my district leader right now has been training us on things that we can apply in our mission and also take back to our life after the mission. This past week he did a training on "be slow to anger". And he shared a poem with us about "If I knew you and you knew me" it talked about how we would understand each other. We would all love each other and wouldn't have any arguments. And then he told us to apply that poem to ourselves and the Savior. Once we know him we are able to love more. We are able to love others more. It was an amazing training. And it's definitely something I can apply for my entire life and not just mish life! 
If I knew you and you knew me—
If both of us could clearly see,
And with an inner sight divine
The meaning of your heart and mine
I'm sure that we would differ less
And clasp our hands in friendliness:
Our thoughts would pleasantly agree,
If I knew you and you knew me.
 - from In a Merry Mood, by Nixon Waterman 

Well, as always, I'm loving it out here. Although the stress is high, I wouldn't want to be stressed about anything else! I love being involved in the musical fireside. And I'm excited to see how it turns out:)

Love ya bunches! 
Sister Sarlls

No comments:

Post a Comment