Tuesday, March 31, 2015

But I JUST finished unpacking!

email 31 Mar 2015

So first of all ... transfer results! Drum roll please ... ... ... ... I'm off to Ogden Weber North with Sister Betzold! She is in charge of the musical fireside and has an amazing voice! I'm SO excited!!!! We are going to sing all the day long!

Okay now on to this past week :) I'm sorry I didn't have time to write again last week about my birthday. So it started off with Sister Wharton making me pancakes:) Then we went to the church building to do emails and I went into the gym and there was a surprise party waiting for me! A whole bunch of sisters were there and one of my favorite people from Huntsville! It was awesome! And then we did various activities and ended with some of my favorite frozen yogurt:) [See pictures added to last week if you missed it.] It was a blast of a day! 

So I've recently found out that Sister Wharton's spirit animal is a butterfly ... for those of you who know me ... you know I don't do butterflies. At all. They are a good luck charm for her and Heavenly Father lets her know she's doing a good job and sends her signs through butterflies. We see about 9 everyday. NINE. DAILY. I've never seen so many butterflies in my whole life! So our days look like this: Sister Wharton walking nicely down the street and then there's me trying to dodge all the butterflies and tree branches and box elder bugs that come in our path. It's quite the sight to see. haha 

This past week our landlady was dog-sitting!!! SO FUN!!! Every morning while I was doing my personal study, the dog would come down the stairs and curl up with me in my chair and study with me:) It was a fun little treat to have a puppy around. 

This weekend is General Conference and I am BEYOND excited!!! This past week we watched the Women's Conference and it was all about families. I love that! I loved the line someone said that, "We all have the seed of perfection within us." This just shows our divine heritage. We have a loving Father in Heaven. He is literally the Father of our spirits. We are all sons and daughters that have the potential to be perfect. To be whole. And to be like Him. I love the emphasis that they made on teaching our Children in the home. And how much the gospel blesses families. These are simple truths that are so easy to forget! I can't wait to learn more from the prophets and apostles on the earth today. I'm so very grateful that Heavenly Father gives us modern day prophets to guide us in this dispensation. 
General Conference sessions are posted here after transcription. The Women's Conference is already posted. The menu on the left side shows options for watching live sessions this weekend. Saturday 11-1 and 3-5 CDT. Sunday 11-1 and 3-5 CDT. - Ed Sarlls
This month in the Ensign there was a talk titled "It's not a sin to be weak". It's seriously the best article in the Ensign I've ever read. It spoke to me so much and it taught me how to be kind to myself and accept and actually love my weaknesses. You should really read it. It talked about how Jesus Christ had no sin. But he did have weaknesses like we all do! It made me realize how much our weaknesses are part of Heavenly Father's plan for us. It's how we learn. It's how we grow. It's the point of our very existence. 

So there's a new video that came out this past week called "He Lives". It's kind of the same style as the "He is the Gift" video at Christmas. Only this one is for Easter. It's amazing!!! It talks about how Christ is in every part of our life. It makes me think of the sacrament prayer where it tells us to "always remember Him". He doesn't live only at Easter. He lives now. He lives always. And because of that, we can find Him in every detail of our lives. I love the fact that in His perfect, resurrected body, He chose to keep the signs of His sacrifice for us. He chose to keep the holes in His hands and the wounds in His side. He can never forget what He has done for us. And we shouldn't forget either. I invite all of you to watch this video. And to Find Him in your life. 
Here is a collection of Videos beginning with "He Lives!" and then depicting the life of Jesus Christ from his Triumphal Entry into Jerusalem on Palm Sunday through the week, the Last Supper, the Atonement in Gethsemane, the betrayal, trials, crucifixion on Good Friday, burial, resurrection on Easter Sunday, appearances, and ascension. The collection last about an hour so watch a few at a time if you wish. http://tinyurl.com/JesusEaster - Ed Sarlls

I'm so excited to see what this transfer brings! 

Love, 
Sister Sarlls 













No comments:

Post a Comment