Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Charity Never Faileth

email 24 Feb 2015

Howdy!!! 
I'm coming up on one whole week in the Ben Lomond stake!!! Things are going pretty well. This area is WAAAY different from Huntsville. So it's taking a bit of adjusting for me! It takes 5 minutes driving to get anywhere in our area. It's basically just a neighborhood. Crazy! Sister Wharton is a stud missionary! I love it! We teach together nicely and we both are striving to be super obedient and work really hard this transfer! So I'm excited to see what happens! 

 


















So I was studying about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It's Faith, Repentance, Baptism, Receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and Enduring to the End. I was reading in Moroni 7:32-48 (link). It talks all about the gospel of Jesus Christ. And at the very end it talks about charity which is the pure love of Christ.
"45 And charity suffereth long, and is kind, and envieth not, and is not puffed up, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil, and rejoiceth not in iniquity but rejoiceth in the truth, beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things."
I thought it was interesting that it says "envieth not."  I definitely have that problem. But I realized that when you have charity towards others (and yourself), you are giving of yourself so there will be no room to envy. At the very end it says endureth all things. The last step to the gospel of Jesus Christ is charity. It's developing pure Christlike love for everyone and everything. Once we develop perfect charity, we will be perfected! My mind kind of runs all different ways so I hope the way I typed that out made sense. 
If we all strive to have more charity, think of how amazing the world would be!

I don't have much to report this week. I'm still trying to get to know my new area. I love you! 

Sister Sarlls 


No comments:

Post a Comment