Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Blessings are coming...I promise!

email 09 June 2015

Goodness gracious. This past week was just really exhausting. There were a lot of prayers said. And with that, a lot of answers to my prayers! God is good. There was a lot of time spent on my knees. For family. For friends. For my companion. For the music fireside. For my area. For myself. A lot of time has been spent looking up music for the musical fireside coming up!!! But I'm getting soooo excited!!! Sister Betzold and I have been praying about what the theme should be for the fireside. We had a theme in mind and we both prayed about it and asked for a confirmation that it was the right theme. I went on exchanges and the sister I was with shared a video that was EXACTLY what we had chosen as a theme. That was a direct answer to our prayers that we were on track with what Heavenly Father wants! It was really cool during the last one seeing all these miracles happen. And now I'm experiencing it myself as we're working on putting it together. It's really amazing to see God lead us to every single little detail of the musical fireside that is being put together. It really is HIS work that we're doing. 

I received a priesthood blessing this week from President Bailey and it was amazing. It was very needed. I just want to say how grateful I am for the Priesthood in my life. 


This week we went with Zack and a group of missionaries to sing and bring food to people at a homeless shelter. It was amazing!!! I love all those people there. They're really genuine and full of love. It was so much fun bringing the spirit to the people there through music. They asked a lot of questions about the church we were with. Not EVERYONE in Utah knows about the LDS church!!! I bet that's how it is for other missions. I have to admit, it's kind of nice!!! They get to create their own opinions and views instead of just going off the people around them. It was amazing to see the kindness these people have. We took some pictures but EVERY SINGLE PICTURE is like terrrrrrrible hahaha so many bad pictures. But still good memories:) 

Today we had a water balloon fight with 500 water balloons. It was a blast! But 500 water balloons goes a lot faster than you would think haha 

This past week we had a wonderful training about giving our all to Heavenly Father. They mentioned how Heavenly Father has everything. He owns it all. The only thing He doesn't own is our heart and our mind...unless we give it to Him. That was a really interesting concept for me to think about. It really hard to give those to Him. But that's the ultimate test of this life! I'm determined to more fully give Him my heart and my mind for the rest of my life. The reason why missionaries are so happy and why everyone loves their mission is because we're so close to our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ! I want this feeling for the rest of my life.

It's interesting to think about what life would be like without the atonement. No progression. No change. We don't really realize how much we actually use the atonement. I think of all the times when I was little and would get mad and knock over a chair. And then when I got older and I didn't do that anymore. I didn't get angry much. And I stopped being so cr

azy with knocking over chairs. It's odd to think about but that was the atonement!!! That was me changing to become more like Jesus Christ. There's always ways that people change to become less like Jesus Christ, though. But I still think, in a way, that's using the atonement. Because we all have our weaknesses. But we need those weaknesses to become strong. To become more like Jesus Christ. There are so many things I have to improve on. We all have our faults. But as we understand more of our worth, then it becomes easier.

Speaking of worth, I read a conference talk from 1989 about being worthy. We all feel unworthy. But part of the word worthy is worth. What is our worth? Who are we? We are all children of God. Think about that. We are literal spirit children of Heavenly Father. We are destined to be like Him. How great is our worth! I know none of us are exempt from feeling unworthy at some point. But I know that we are worthy for every single blessing that Heavenly Father has in store for us. 

  





We're still working on finding more people to teach. No takers at the moment. But there will be!!! Because we're doing everything we need to be.  And that's all we can do. That's all He asks of us! So blessings are on their way. 

Love you lots! 
Sister Sarlls 

No comments:

Post a Comment