Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Fireside and Feet

email 21 Apr 2015

Hey y'all!


This past week has gone by soooo fast! We've been so busy getting ready for the musical fireside! But it's going to be AMAZING!!! With the new Ogden tabernacle we are able to show videos and pictures of Christ during the songs. And we found out that they're recording it and making everyone a cd! I'm super excited:) 

There are so many people here with fun little animals!!! Someone owns a baby duck, another person owns and baby chick, another owns a baby turkey!!! All these baby animals are driving me crazy!!! They're sooooo cute! We got to snuggle with them this past week. :) 

I'm so so so grateful that I have Sister Betzold as my companion. She's amazing and so spiritual. She strengthens me so much with her beautiful testimony. We have so much fun together too. I love her so much:)


So we were over at these people's house talking to them about meeting with us. We were sitting there chatting with them when all of a sudden the guy sitting there said, "Can you take your shoes off?" And I was like, "uhhhhh.....what?" He goes, "I really like toes. You look like you would have cute toes. Can I see them?" He proceeded to look at my hands and assured me that I have cute feet based on my hands. WHAAAAT?!?! Nooooooo!!!!! Hahaha. It was the most interesting experience of my mission. He kept asking for the rest of the time we were there. Haha soooo interesting. 

We were teaching someone the other night about CPR (church, prayer, and reading the scriptures). We were talking about how even if you don't think you have time to read your scriptures, you at least have 30 seconds. You can actually read a lot in 30 seconds! And those 30 seconds turns into a minute. And then you start reading because you have to finish the story. And then you continue reading because you're enjoying the revelatory experience that you're having. I've had companions that have LOVED and immersed themselves in the scriptures. I've never been like that. But I wanted to be! So I started doing that. I spent part of my hour of personal study every day immersing myself in the scriptures. Specifically the Book of Mormon. And I love the scriptures now! I can truly say that I love reading my scriptures. I love all that I learn from them. They are precious to me. They are the word of God. 

I was studying the 10 commandments the other day and I realized that all of the ten commandments fall under the categories of the two commandments Jesus Christ gave us.
1. "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind."2. "And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself." (Matthew 22:37-39)
Jesus Christ gave us these commandments as a higher law. If we keep these two simple commandments, we will automatically be keeping the Ten Commandments and all other commandments God has given us. Because of our love for Him and our love for our fellow men. 


This week has been great and super super busy!!! I love missionary work and this gospel!!! 

Love, 
Sister Sarlls 

Promotional video for the musical fireside, English.

Promotional video for the musical fireside, Spanish.








No comments:

Post a Comment