Tuesday, December 23, 2014

I've been dreaming of a white Christmas long enough!

email 23 Dec 2014
2 DAYS TILL CHRISTMAS AND IT'S SNOWING!!! 

Christmas miracle - it's FINALLY started snowing again! We are going to have a white Christmas!!! 

This week went by really fast. Probably because Christmas is almost here! We've been going caroling and giving people cookies! It's been really fun to share our testimonies through music and singing. I'm so grateful I've been able to sing on my mission! I've learned a lot this week through my studies and at church. 

I was in Sunday school and the teacher was teaching about the Christmas story. She asked all of us if we knew the difference between a Shepherd and a Sheep Herder. (Of course no one knew that) She goes on to explain that a Sheep Herder follows from behind. But a Shepherd leads the flock from the front. It made me think about myself. I am called and set apart as a representative of Jesus Christ. Therefore, I am a shepherd as He is ours. I am not here to "herd" people. But I am here to lead people to Jesus Christ. Our purpose as missionaries is to "invite others to come unto Christ". By inviting them, I am leading them. But it is their choice wether they follow or not. I think that's why the scriptures tell us the Lord is our shepherd instead of saying sheep herder. We all have our agency to choose to follow Him or not. 

I was just reading the story in Luke 5. Jesus was teaching the people in the shallow part of the water. And Jesus told Peter to go to the deep part of the water and cast his nets in. And he's like "I already did this!" But when he did it that time, he got all the fish. I was thinking about this compared to my life. When Jesus tells me "okay it's time to go into the deep now." Meaning going to face another trial. And sometimes I think "I've already been through this trial! I'm sick of it!"  But just like Peter, sometimes the time that's the most hopeless to put out our nets...is the time that all the blessings come. Both sides of the boat were the "deep" but the side that we cast our nets (our faith) is the side that comes with blessings. If we turn to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and do as they direct, they will strengthen us and we will receive more blessings than we thought possible. 

I love Christmas and I love my savior, Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for the gift that He has given each and every one of us! I hope all of you have a beautiful, magical, and very Merry Christmas!!!:) 






Best Christmas wishes, 
Sister Sarlls 

No comments:

Post a Comment