Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Week.....something. I've lost track.

Email 30 September 2014
Hello hello!

This past week has been hard! Good! but hard. Our mission challenges us to get 20 lessons a week. And we got 21!!! Yay! It's funny how everyone tells us how much more organized we are than the Elders before us haha So some fun moments this week- I saw a baby moose! HE WAS SO CUTE! Plus I kind of look like a moose so I was going to take a picture with him but he ran away.

So far I haven't had any super gross food. It's very northern. But not gross. But last night we ate dinner at a members home and I saw this bowl and stuff and it looked like just kind of weird potato salad so I was like "okay I'll try it".......so I took one bite.....it wasn't potato salad. It was celery and apple chunks mixed around with mayonnaise. I started gagging a little bit and so I acted like I was reaching for my bag on the ground and I spit it out into a napkin. IT WAS THE GROSSEST THING OF MY LIFE.

I was calling this family to confirm our dinner appointment for the next night. And they didn't answer so I was leaving a message and in the middle of my talking, Sister Hadden lets out this HUGE BURP. It was like 3 seconds long. So I start cracking up and I tried to delete the message and start it over so and I'm like pressing all these buttons and I'm like "how do you delete it?!?!?!" And I accidentally sent the message instead....they called back and they were like "....we got your message" it was so embarrassing! It doesn't sound as bad when I type it out. But it was BAD.

So I have some new people to tell you about! Yay!

The Rowe family! She's a single mom with a 12 year old boy and twin 10 year old girls. We went to visit her to introduce ourselves and she told us that she knows it's true and has a testimony but she doesn't know if she wants to get baptized. So 4 days later we visit again and only the kids are there so we talk to them and they said "yeah we've been reading the Book of Mormon together! And we go over to our neighbors house and read every morning for 25 minutes!" These kids are soooo amazing. Wow. So then about a week later their neighbors daughter got baptized and so the Rowe kids went to it. And they came up to us and told us they wanted to get baptized! Seriously these kids are amazing!!! They told us that they felt the spirit there and they started crying at the baptism. I can just imagine him passing the sacrament and them all going on missions and telling people about when they were 10 and 12 and read the Book of Mormon for the first time. It gives me goosebumps! So the kids are all so ready...but the mom isn't. She's so busy as a real estate agent and a single mom. So we haven't gotten to teach her much. But we are inviting her to go to General Conference with us on Sunday! So I hope she says yes!

Next is Nancy. Oh Nancy. She has been meeting with missionaries forever. Like 7-8 years. She lives with members. She's in her 70's. She is a debater. She's very intellectual and loves discussion. She is stuck in her ways and kind of takes pride in it haha but the only thing keeping her from baptism is "the keys". She said she doesn't believe that our baptism is any different from other people's baptism. And then she went on to say that she doesn't believe that Mother Teresa won't go to heaven because she hasn't been baptized in the Mormon church. And we were like...."wait. Have you heard the plan of salvation?" She said " I must have been absent for class that day" we found out that all the missionaries she's met with have just had religious discussions with her. She's NEVER heard ANY of the actual lessons! So we're going to start  teaching her the real deal lessons! Religious discussions are great. But we're here to teach so that's what we're going to do! Our next lesson is tonight.

Okay last is Eden. She's 12 and as cute as can be! Her parents are less active and grandparents are fully active. She came with us to the women's conference with her grandma and little sister who's 9. And she told us she wants to go to general conference! So we're giving them tickets. She did some genealogy and was upset she couldn't go with the youth to do baptisms. So that's what she is really looking forward to! And both her parents came to church on Sunday! MIRACLES ARE HAPPENING IN HUNTSVILLE! They haven't been in 7 years. They came for all 3 hours. It made my heart smile:)

We were running everywhere this week! It was amazing! It feels good to work hard and to have no free time haha I love having every hour planned of every day. I know that Heavenly Father has prepared all of these people for us to teach. One of our ward mission leaders made this thing where we go around to all the families and give them a lesson on missionary work. Its called the "it will happen tour". D&C 82:10 "I The Lord am bound when ye do what I say....." So when we do what he says and then you WILL receive blessings. You WILL get those missionary opportunities. And you WILL have the courage to open your mouth. So we made these leather bracelets as a reminder for everyone and it's a huge hit! Everyone is wearing our bracelets! Haha

I'm doing just swell and Huntsville is awesome. We have a yak friend who we call Curly. Because he has curly hair.

I love all of you!

Love, Sister Sarlls
 

No comments:

Post a Comment