Wednesday, August 27, 2014

The First Days

snail-mail letter mailed Aug 22nd, 2014.

Dear Family!
I made it through my first day at the MTC! I got my tag with my orange dork dot! I LOVE my companion & the two other sisters in my district. There is Sister Kah (pronounced Kay). She's my comp. She's from Tennessee & serving in Ogden! She's sporty & we have fun together :). Then there's Sister Sudo and she is from Canada! She's a red-head & quiet & sweet. She still has a good sense of humor, though! She's also serving in Ogden. Then there is Sister I. We just call her that because she is from Tonga & it's a hard name, ha ha. She is serving in HOUSTON! It's just Houston, not South or anything. We already had to teach some investigators. Crazy! It all goes so fast & I'm really trying to keep up. There are so many natural teachers here. But I know there's a place for me! Out of 20 people there are only four sisters in our zone. But we're already close and love each other. I can already tell how hard this is going to be. They have auditions for musical numbers in meetings & us girls are doing it together! I LOVE WEARING MY TAG! Sorry, my mind is scattered as I'm writing this. I can't find the famous map ... guess when we eat dinner ... FOUR O'CLOCK! I'm very hungry. There's so much stuff to know. I'm only here for 10 days & I come home on Feb 29th, 2016. It's really awesome & so fun here! At our first meeting we all sang The Army of Helaman & it was so powerful. They changed the words to "and we are now the Lord's missionaries" and I just started crying. And the bathrooms smell like the Temple. Anyways, I'm going to bed. I love you all! Hugs & Kisses!
Love, Sister Sarlls

I just finished my second day. You couldn't believe the change I already see in myself. We are already teaching someone tomorrow. It's amazing to see the Lord lift me in everything I do. I'm not tired at all. I know it's the Lord helping me. I've been making profound comments in class & leading & teaching. I'm learning how to teach with the Spirit. I can't explain how amazing it is here. Me & the sisters do a yoga class every morning. The Spirit is so strong everywhere you go. I'm senior companion. I don't know what to do but I know the blessings will be amazing! I can't wait for tomorrow to teach our investigator about the restoration! I love you all!
Love, Sister Sarlls

No comments:

Post a Comment